Today we will tell you how to make a delicious Apple Pie Recipe at home with easy tips. Here’s how you can make apple pie with a delicious, flaky crust and tons of sweet, juicy apples. Impress your family and friends with this classic dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. This apple pie is a treasure trove of recipes that you can easily make at home.
Ingredients for Apple PIE
You will need the following ingredients to make Apple Pie, which is as follows-
- 3 pounds good cooking apples (about 6 to 8 apples, depending on the size of your apples) such as Granny Smith, Jon gold, Golden Delicious, Fuji, or Brae burn
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your pie
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Double Crust Sour Cream Pie Dough, All-Butter Crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
For the egg wash
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 large egg yolk
Method for Making Apple Pie Recipe
You can follow this recipe whenever you feel like making delicious apple pie.
- To make a delicious apple pie, you’ll need 6 to 8 good cooking apples, such as Jonathon, Granny Smith, Golden, Fuji, Delicious, or Brae burn, weighing about 3 pounds total. Now cut these apples into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices or chunks and place them in a large bowl. Now add 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to this bowl to prevent browning.
- Now in a separate large bowl, mix dry ingredients like 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Let’s mix them well. Now put this mixture in the bowl of apples. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until the apples are evenly coated. If desired, add 1 tablespoon of brandy and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir to incorporate the flavors.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F and place one oven rack in the bottom third of the oven, placing the other rack one notch above. Place a large-rimmed baking sheet on the lower rack to catch any dripping from the pie.
- Roll out a Double Crust Sour Cream Pie Dough, All-Butter Crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe on a lightly floured surface, making a 12-inch circle that is about 1/8 inch thick. Place dough in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing it down to line the dish.
- Pour apples into a flour-covered pie plate, placing apples in the center. Roll out the second disk of dough to 12 inches and gently place it over the apples. Trim excess dough to leave a 3/4 inch overhang from the sides of the pie pan. Fold the dough under itself so that the edge of the fold is directly over the edge of the pan. Press the top and bottom dough balls together as you flatten the edges using your thumb and forefinger or press with a fork.
- Now you have to take a small bowl in which to make an egg wash by mixing 1 big egg yolk and 1 tbsp cream. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the top and fluted edges of the pie. Use a sharp knife to cut slits at the top of the pie crust for your steam vents.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned. Reduce the heat to 350°F and continue baking the pie for an additional hour or half, depending on the type of apples used. You should note that an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pie should read 200°F.
- Transfer pie to a rack to cool for at least 1 hour before serving slightly warm. You can serve this apple pie with vanilla ice cream to make a delicious dessert.
One of the most important steps is to make sure the dough is easy to work with. To achieve this, take the dough disc out of the refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes before use. This will soften the dough slightly, making it easier to roll.
Whenever your apple pie starts to brown too much, just tent it with foil to prevent it from browning further.
Whenever you make apple pie, always place a baking sheet under the pie while baking it.
In the end, making a delicious apple pie is a satisfying endeavor that anyone can master with a little practice and patience. Whether you are a seasoned baker or just starting out, you can follow these tips and make a delicious apple pie that is sure to impress your family and friends.